To have to address you in this trying time is certainly a very surreal experience.
In the light of the State of Disaster as declared by the President and the lock down from Thursday 26 March 2020 at midnight, we wish to advise as follows:
- KVV’s offices will close for the lock down period as from 16:30 on Thursday 26 March 2020
- As from Friday 27 March 2020 all our staff members will be working remotely from home.
- Our team will all be available on e-mail and will continue to work on our matters as far as the current state of affairs permits.
- Our Directors, Conveyancers and Public Relations Officers will be available on their cell phones to address any queries.
- No clients will be seen for signature during the lock down period in line with the rules laid down by parliament.
- We have been advised by the Deeds Office that they will close on Thursday 26 March 2020 at 12:00. Matters not registered by this time will therefore have to stand over until the lock down period is over.
- The Deeds Office is attempting to expedite matters that have been in the Deeds Office longer than 4 days in order to ensure that matters can come up on prep and register by Thursday. However we will be careful not to register matters where clients will have difficulty moving as a result of the lock down. We will communicate with our clients individually regarding the affected matters.
- Matters lodged recently that have not been in the Deeds Office for 4 days will unavoidably have to stand over for registration until after the lock down period. Should clearance certificates lapse in this time we will have to request updated clearance figures.
- The above will inevitably result in delays in the registration of transactions, however we will do our utmost to push matters forward as far as possible during the lock down time in order to mitigate delays to the minimum.
- Our team is committed to stand together and keep our clients updated during this period.
This is a challenging time for our country. However, the safety and health of our staff members and clients remain our first priority during this time and therefore we fully support the decision of our president.
In standing together as one nation we can triumph over this disaster.
We will keep all our clients, business partners, family, staff and friends in our prayers.
Stay save, stay healthy and take care of yourselves and your families.