Operations and Process Management: Principles and Practice for Strategic Impact by Nigel Slack and Alistair Brandon-Jones
Each organisation or business has a product or service, whereby they generate income and ultimately aim to run a profitable business. Slack and Brandon–Jones assist us to better understand operations and process management by using the following techniques throughout the book:
- Identification and discussion of key operations principles.
- Each chapter has an executive summary, checklist and a case study
- “Applying the principles” section.
Key Principles discussed are (just to mention a few):
- Your business strategy and reflection on that strategy.
- Analysis and capacity management.
- Resource planning and control.
- Improvement and Quality management.
- Risk and resilience.
Take control of your business operation and processes by tapping into the insights from Slack and Brandon-Jones!
Diaan van Wyk